Monday, October 21, 2013

The Brain vs. the Heart


Brains are marvelous things. Connecting to millions of nerves and making sure that everything in the body works the way it was intended. The brain, in this case represents logic. 
The heart, on the other hand is mysterious. It is the only other organ in the body that can "think" that's why, when someone hurts us, we don't say "she insulted me, ouch! My toe" because that would obviously sound ridiculous. 

So how do we connect the two? How does one decide which one is right? My life consists of my brain and heart having a constant battle, neither one ending up fully satisfied. For weeks I have struggled, Finding the joy, the peaceful compromise between the two. So I have been thinking a lot about the few things my two most vital organs can agree on...And that is that I am truly blessed to have these simple joys in my world. Because the world is confusing for a 15 year old girl with conflicting emotions on everything.
So I'll marvel at beautiful babies.
And laugh my head off with my incredible friends.
And remind my siblings that I adore them. Every day.
And wait a while to find out what "love" means.









1 comment:

  1. YES YES YES!! im on there!! I MADE IT!! oh how i love you!! and it makes my heart so happy that you have a blog to share you're wonderful thoughts and feelings (: anyways. LOVE YOU TONS!!!

    ReplyDelete